Discover North Queensland
There’s so much more to North Queensland then just getting wet. There’s a holiday for everyone – adventures, nature lovers, families and history buffs.
Have you wondered about a North Queensland holiday but never known where to start? Check out these ten suggestions for your next North Queensland holiday
- Hit the reef. A trip to North Queensland would not be complete without exploring the reef. From beginners with snorkels through to the expert scuba diver, getting underwater at the Great Barrier Reef will never disappoint. Click here to explore a great range of scuba and snorkelling reef adventures today!
- Port Douglas – it’s everything a tropical resort village should be. Miles of sun-kissed beaches, a main street full of eclectic cafes and boutiques and accommodation to suit everyone. Port Douglas gives you the convenience of a city and the relaxation of a tropical village
- Kuranda Scenic Railway. Simply a must for rail-buffs and nature lovers alike. The Kuranda Scenic Railway chugs gracefully through lush rainforest, giving a historical and ecological view of this amazing country
- Once you have reached the summit, you’ve hit Kuranda. Imagine a cute collection of markets, locally grown produce and amazing handicrafts and you have in Kuranda
- The Skyrail. After an insightful trip to the summit and a day of strolling around Kuranda, the Skyrail is simply the best way to get back down the mountain. Enjoy the most amazing views of the rainforest canopy and the coast as you glide down the mountain in the sky-high gondola
- Daintree National Park. If getting close to nature is your cup of tea, then the Daintree is where you need to be. Just a leisurely drive north of Cairns and you are literally where the forest meets the sea. Get up close and personal with saltwater crocodiles, amazing birdlife and a host of rainforest friends
- The markets of Cairns. Cairns is a true melting pot of food, and the place to find it is at one of Cairns amazing marketplaces. Find delights to eat, keep and enjoy at the Night Markets, or Rusty’s during the day
- Central Cairns. Arguably the capital of the north, you’ll always find something to do in the heart of the tropics. Enjoy a punt at the Reef Hotel Casino, enjoy an ice-cream as you stroll along the esplanade or capture the beautiful flora of the north at the Flecker Botanic Gardens.
- The mighty Tully River. So white water rafting is your thing? The Tully won’t disappoint. Not a fan of bouncing off rocks? The picturesque Tully National Park is an absolute mecca for bushwalking, birdwatching, crystal clear rivers and breathtaking mountain vistas.
- A little further north. For the intrepid adventurer, why not hit the far north coast? Keep heading north until you get to Cape York. It’s pretty rough, it’s pretty wild and, as anyone will confess, it’s pretty amazing.
- Possibly the best fishing in Australia, miles of beach to yourself and the ability to watch the sun rise and set over the ocean. Who can beat that?
So are you inspired to check out North Queensland? What are you waiting for? Get planning today!
Best Tours in Australia
Cape Tribulation Premium day Tour to the Daintree Rainforest, Cape Tribulation and the Bloomfield Track allows you to see the best the Daintree National Park...