Luxury Accommodation on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
Green Island Accommodation is a boutique luxury resort located at Green Island, just 45 minutes off Cairns, in the heart of the UNESCO-listed Great Barrier Reef.
Green Island accommodation on a tropical island getaway.
It is a great place to unwind and relax, surrounded by white sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. Snorkelling, windsurfing, and kayaking are free for all island guests.
Surprisingly only a short 45-minute cruise from Cairns to Green Island. Paradise has never been so easy to reach.
On arrival, a Green Island Resort team member will meet and escort you on a quick tour before checking into your suite.
It is time to relax, explore Green Island, and enjoy a bite to eat. Together with a swim in the Coral Sea, snorkelling, or just catching the sun while relaxing on Green Island’s beach. You will undoubtedly be in paradise!
In the afternoon, wander down to the jetty and see the fish feed before enjoying complimentary sunset drinks on the beach.
Dine on Green Island
For dinner, head to Emerald’s Restaurant and enjoy a delicious meal, or on the other hand, you might prefer room service.
Then grab your torch from your room and join the stargazing night tour. Because of the lack of city lights, it is incredible what you can see in the night sky!
After you check out your Green Island Accommodation in the morning, you can still enjoy all the facilities at Green Island Resort until your departure. With this in mind, you will have access to shower and change facilities and the Coral Cay Guest Lounge.
Interesting Facts about Green Island
- Green Island is one of 300 sand cays on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
- Area: Green Island is 12 hectares
- Postcode: 4871
- Age: 6000 years old
Green Island Map
Next, see our Reef and Island Getaway.
Together with your Green Island Accommodation, you will also experience:
- Tropical Island weather
- Gourmet dining
- White sand to build great sandcastles
- Massage Spa
- Deck chairs to work on your suntan
- Sunset Cocktails
- Beach picnics
- Free Water activities
- Green Sea Turtles frequently visit Green Island
While you are staying at Green Island Resort, you will have included:
- Return Catamaran Transfers
- Luxury Accommodation
- 24-hour Reception
- Glass Bottom Boat
- Sunset Drinks
- Fish Feeding
- Star Gazing tour
- Windsurfing, Canoes, Kayaks, Sun Lounges and Umbrellas
In addition to your Green Island Resort Package, the following options are available for you to explore throughout your stay.
- Island Walks
- Sunset drinks
- Fish feeding
- Glass bottom boat
- Sea walker
- Introductory and Certified scuba dives
- Outer Barrier Reef pontoon
In general, we recommend to bring the following:
- A small to medium overnight bag with personal items – casual clothes, personal toiletries, sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, medication if needed, something warm to wear for the evenings (jumper/pullover/cardigan) etc.
- Cash or credit card for purchases