Orpheus Island Lodge North Beachfront Suite
Discover the ultimate luxury island accommodation on Orpheus Island Lodge. This all-inclusive resort is on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. With only 14 rooms, so the island can accommodate just 28 people.
The North Beachfront Suite’s will give you sensational views of the Coral Sea. Meanwhile, unwind in a tranquil setting. These suites are perfect for couples or those with an additional guest.
Great Barrier Reef Resort
Orpheus Island Lodge proudly respects and protects the reef. Beautiful coral gardens surround this unspoiled, tropical island. Additionally, underwater you can find 1,100 species of tropical fish in these waters.
Discover the vibrant marine life. For example, colourful tropical fish with hard and soft corals. In addition to dolphins, sea turtles, manta rays and dugongs. Meanwhile, in the winter months, you may be lucky enough to spot families of humpback whales.
Take advantage of the personalised snorkelling tours available daily, and explore the magic of the Great Barrier Reef.
Food and Wine
On arrival, you will meet with the Executive Chef. They will ask you your taste preferences and dietary requirements. Enjoy gourmet breakfasts, shared tapas-style lunches and incredible degustation dinners.
Then enjoy a light, contemporary, daily-changing menu that flaunts the local produce of this region—a real food lover’s paradise. Orpheus Island Lodge was awarded a Chef’s hat in 2019.
The Orpheus wine cellar creates harmony between cuisine, climate and environment. You will love the iconic and boutique wines from Australia’s famous wine regions.
For something even more unique, try the signature ‘Dining with the Tides’ experience.
Enjoy an intimate degustation dinner for two under the stars while on the island’s jetty.
The activities on Orpheus Island Lodge are complimentary and included in your stay. There are many once-in-a-lifetime experiences to be had. For example;
- Guided snorkelling tours operate as part of the daily activities.
- Take a motorised dinghy and explore one of the many neighbouring beaches.
- Stand-up paddleboarding is excellent for a bit of exercise.
- Explore the mangroves within a sheltered bay on the island while kayaking.
- Generally, the conditions at Orpheus Island Lodge are perfect for sailing. Take one of the island’s catamarans to explore the calm waters.
Gwandalan Day Spa
Gwandalan translates to ‘rest and peace’ in the native Aboriginal language. Peace guides all elements of the spa. Above all, each treatment intends to restore balance and wellness.
The day spa adopts modern and indigenous herbalism coupled with aromatherapy and touch therapy. Traditional Aboriginal techniques inspire each ritual. So this reflects the tranquillity and beauty of the surrounding seas.
Are you travelling as a family?
Orpheus Island Lodge has fabulous accommodation options for you. So click HERE for more information.
- Beautifully furnished suite with a modern design.
- Stunning Coral Sea views.
- Daily once-in-a-lifetime island activity included.
- Incredible gourmet meals are all included.
- Unlimited use of all watersport equipment.
Room rates include all gourmet meals, a selection of quality Australian wines and beers, an all-inclusive mini-bar and a daily Orpheus Island experience.
As well as unlimited use of the water equipment. These include a motorised dinghy, paddleboards, kayaks, catamaran in addition to light fishing and snorkelling gear.
Complimentary WIFI is in the lodge area only. The reception is open 24 hours a day. Enjoy a full laundry service (no dry cleaning available). Check-in is 2 pm, with a checkout time of 11 am.
NORTH BEACHFRONT SUITE INCLUSIONS
- Ocean Views
- All gourmet meals
- Complimentary inclusion of selected Australian wine and beers
- Orpheus experience daily – snorkelling, fishing or island cruise
- Unlimited use of motorised dinghies, paddleboards, kayaks, catamarans, snorkelling equipment and light fishing gear
- King Bed or Twin Beds
- Patio overlooking the Coral Sea
- Bose sound system
- LED TV with free-to-air satellite
- Minibar stocked with beverages and gourmet snacks
- Li’tya guest amenities
- Selection of T2 teas and hot chocolate
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Air-conditioning, heating and ceiling fan
- Iron and ironing board
- Yoga mats
- Beach towels & beach bag
- Complimentary water bottles
- Helicopter adventures.
- Hinchinbrook Island tour.
- Private gourmet picnic adventure.
- Scuba diving tours.
- Fishing Charters.
Orpheus Island Resort is located 80 km northeast of Townsville. It’s easily accessible by helicopter. A 30-minute journey from Townsville or alternatively, a 90-minute private charter from Cairns.
Passengers will need to bring a small soft duffle bag. Please keep luggage to a maximum weight of 15 kg, due to the helicopter weight restrictions.
During the wet season (November to April) there is certainly a chance of rain during these times. So the Lodge has a seasonal closure from the 30th January to 28 February 2021 inclusive.