Mount Mulligan Lodge
Welcome to the spectacular Mount Mulligan Lodge. Revel in modern, laid-back luxury. Located 160 km northwest of Cairns, you’ll discover this remote 28,000-hectare working cattle station. Set amongst the untamed and rugged landscape of outback Far North Queensland.
As a guest, you will experience the spirit of the Australian Outback. Meanwhile, immerse yourself in spellbinding indigenous significance, dating back 37,000 years. Discover the history of the expansive property. Still bearing the marks of the gold rush era from days gone by.
With accommodation for just 20 guests, with enchanting guest retreats which therefore complement the rustic landscape. All of the rooms feature spectacular outback views.
The Outback Tent and Outback Room are ideal for those travelling alone or as a couple. Featuring a bedroom, bathroom, as well as a private outdoor bath.
The Outback Suite, with its adjoining lounge room, is perfect for those wanting additional space. Subsequently, the spacious lounge boasts a cosy wood fire and private deck, in addition to a private outdoor bath.
The Outback Pavillion is the ultimate retreat at Mount Mulligan Lodge for families and friends. With two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a communal lounge.
A magnificent 18 km-long sandstone escarpment. Towering over eucalyptus woodlands in addition to a shimmering weir. Known as Ngarrabullgan to the local Djungan people.
Mount Mulligan Lodge is perfectly situated beneath this breathtaking backdrop. Take in the dynamic scenes of sunrise and sunset.
Mt Mulligan Lodge Experiences
Many activities have been created, to ensure you get the most out of this beautiful part of the world. Mount Mulligan Lodge offers guided tours of the goldfields.
Take a ride on an ATV, discovering the history and beauty of the area. In addition, the chef-prepared gourmet picnic hampers are always a favourite.
Take a step back in time and witness Australia’s oldest operating gold crusher. Explore the historic Mount Mulligan coal mine and abandoned township.
The opportunities are certainly endless. From wildlife spotting tours in addition to sunset drinks overlooking the mountain. Take a hike around Mount Mulligan Lodge, experience the day-to-day operations of a working cattle station. Throw a line into the weir and catch a barramundi.
Take a scenic helicopter flight to soak up the breathtaking views over Mount Mulligan Lodge. After that, at nighttime, you can’t miss the chance to stargaze in the Aussie Outback.
Food and Wine
The dining experience at Mount Mulligan Lodge is certainly exceptional. Enjoy a flavoursome twist on outback living. The menu showcases a myriad of locally sourced and freshly grown seasonal produce.
Guests wishing to dine al fresco can have a gourmet picnic hamper out in the bush. For something even more special, have an intimate five-course degustation dinner under a canopy of twinkling stars.
An exquisite range of iconic and boutique wines are available. Hand-selected from Australia’s best wine regions. Perfectly paired with the delicious menu, therefore harmonising with the climate and environment.
Importantly, Mount Mulligan Lodge has a strong philosophy with conservation the key. For example, we are primarily powered by solar energy and batteries. In addition, water tanks allow for water to be recycled for irrigation and watering.
The chefs sourced ingredients are from local producers and sustainable farms. As well as $50 from every guest stay being donated to the Northern Escape Collection’s Reef Keepers Fund. Aimed at protecting and preserving the Great Barrier Reef.
- Outdoor bathtub
- King bed or Twin beds
- All gourmet meals.
- Complimentary inclusion of selected Australian wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks.
- Use of private electric buggy to explore the property with ease.
- Daily curated Mount Mulligan experience.
- Unlimited use of paddleboards, kayaks and fishing gear.
How to get there
- Arrive in style on a 35-minute scenic helicopter flight from Cairns. On the journey, take in the views of the 150 million-year-old Daintree Rainforest. In addition to the stunning Atherton Tablelands and the Aussie outback surrounding Mount Mulligan Lodge.
- Mount Mulligan Lodge is also accessible by road. It’s a 2.5 – 3 hour 4WD adventure from Cairns. Be aware, that during the wet season (January-March), there can be road closures. Therefore, we recommend that guests book helicopter transfers during this period. Because of the rugged terrain, we only recommend you drive if you are confident and experienced in driving 4WD vehicles.
- There will be no charge for infants under 3 years old. Children aged 3 + will be charged at the ‘per person’ rate. For safety reasons, they require their own seat on the helicopter.
- There is a one way, per person charge. If the daily scheduled transfer is full, or the time does not work for you, we can arrange a private helicopter charter for an extra cost.
- Daily scheduled transfers depart Cairns to Mt Mulligan departs Cairns at 2 pm. Mt Mulligan to Cairns departs at 2:35 pm and arrives in Cairns at 3:10 pm.
- There is a 15 kg per person luggage limit on the helicopter.
- Please provide us with each passenger full names, body weights and your accommodation details by leaving us a comment in the ‘booking message’ section at the time of booking.