Would you like a day fishing out on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef? Then join this Coral Sea Fishing tour onboard the MV Norseman. This tour departs daily and allows you to try your hand at landing some of the best fighting and eating fish the Coral Sea has to offer.
THIS TOUR IS CURRENTLY NOT OPERATING DUE TO COVID 19
We are targeting table fish on this day tour. Using either hand lines or rod with overhead Penn reels, and whenever possible, float lines. Of course throughout the day we will encounter such species as Large Mouth Nannygai and Coral Trout. Sometimes though all the excitement and activity in the water brings along other fish such as Giant Trevally, Cobia and Spanish Mackerel
Don’ discount the use of hand lines. Using a hand line allows you to have better reaction time and hook that catch before they take your line into the coral! Professional Live Trout fishermen use hand lines to catch Coral Trout.
You will have about 4.5 hours of fishing time on this full-day tour. You get to keep your own catch and it will be gutted and bagged ready for you to take home. There are a couple of restaurants in Port Douglas that will cook your fish for you for a nominal fee – we can let you know who they are. Any fish caught on the shared rod are shared with all guests.
Of course, if ‘no-take’ species such as Barramundi Cod, Maori Wrasse or Chinaman Fish are caught these will be thrown back. We also always adhere to bag limits and size restrictions.
Want more, or just want to avoid the crowds?
Well, why not arrange a private charter and tailor-make a day to suit your needs. You’ll never get bored with trolling, jig, popper, bottom and live bait fishing all on offer or why not cool your heels at one of the many pristine reefs. Just ask our friendly team and we can help you
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 14 years of age
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team