White Water Rafting – half day Barron River
Join us for this Half Day Rafting Barron River tour in the Barron Gorge National Park. Enjoy up to 2 hours of grade 3 rapids. This tour is tonnes of fun and very exciting. Prices are per person $ 115 from Cairns and $135 from Port Douglas. There is also a $30 rafting levy paid directly to the operator on the day of travel.
Located only 20 minutes from the centre of Cairns (40 minutes ex–Port Douglas).
Barron Gorge National Park is known for its rugged rainforest mountains, steep ravines, the mighty Barron Falls. Barron Gorge has been carved out over thousands of years by the Barron River.
We conduct our half-day white water rafting tour here. Following the ebb and flow of the river, as it snakes its way down from the mountains and heads out to the Coral Sea.
Enjoy this scenic rafting and rainforest adventure which combines calm water floating with a series of white water rapids for adventure and action.
The Half Day Rafting Barron River is a fantastic introduction to White Water Rafting. It’s fun, exciting and exhilarating, suitable for all the family. Enjoy up to two hours rafting, on up to grade 3 rapids.
Our rafts carry up to seven passengers plus your river guide. No experience necessary.
Let our guides entertain you on this spectacular river, offering guaranteed water levels year-round!
Want to Skydive and see the Reef to CLICK HERE for more details
- Depart Hotel approximately 2.00pm
- Barron River White Water Rafting
- Return Hotel approximately 5.30pm
- Return transfers from Cairns Accommodation (additional costs apply for transfers from Palm Cove & Port Douglas)
- 2 Hours White Water Rafting on rapids up to grade 3
- All Tuition
- Safety equipment
- River Guides (professional and certified),
- Stunning Rainforest and ravines of Barron Gorge National Park
Shoe Hire, Snacks & Souvenir Photos
What to bring
- Your ticket
- Cash/credit card for optional extras and Pay onboard Levy
- A cap or sun visor able to be worn under your safety helmet
- Water-resistant 15 + sunscreen but do not apply to the back of your legs
- Swimming costume and towel. (you will need to have your swimming costume already on when you are picked up)
- Secured footwear is mandatory – lace-up shoes or sandals that will get wet (limited shoe hire available at an additional cost)
- Some money for photos and souvenirs
- Change of clothes
- We strongly recommend you bring an extra t-shirt or rash vest to wear under your life vest to prevent sunburn
- Enthusiasm for an Awesome day
Minimum age to participate is 12 years