Liveaboard Coral Sea – 4 day
Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef’s Cod Hole & Ribbon Reefs. Dive with the sharks at Osprey Reef 200 km offshore in the Coral Sea. Our vessel, Spirit of Freedom, takes you on a Liveaboard Coral Sea – 4 Day tour in style. This sleek and spacious vessel offers quality liveaboard tours to Advanced certified scuba divers.
Over your four days, four-night adventure you will have the opportunity to complete up to 15 scuba dives.
Your scuba diving expedition begins with a one-hour scenic flight from Cairns to beautiful Lizard Island.
Lizard Island is an island on the Great Barrier Reef, 253 kilometres north of Cairns. Lizard Island is famous for crystal clear water and white sandy beaches.
The Trip Director will oversee all scuba diving.
They will be the one to one scuba diving briefing on each dive and ensure your diving experience is both safe and enjoyable.
The Upper Deck
A great place to relax between dives. With undercover and open areas containing timber table, chairs, lounge seating and sun lounges.
The Dining Saloon
The dining room becomes a briefing area, theatre room and general meeting place.
A widescreen television is the focus of attention for briefings, movies or documentaries.
You can work with your laptops using the wireless internet (when in range).
The Forward Lounge
Another place to relax. With comfortable couch seating and bean bags. You will find a coffee machine, tea selection and hot water, a library, a library.
Photographers have access to a camera work station.
The Ships Bar
Offering a good range of quality, Australian and New Zealand wine. Plus beer, UDL spirits and soft drinks.
The evening meal includes house wine and soft drinks.
This Vessel is fully licenced – NO BYO.
Click HERE for another great tour to Cod Hole.
Pickup from your Cairns City Accommodation at approximately 7.30am. Head to Cairns General Aviation Airport. Then your scenic flight up the coast to Lizard Island. After Boarding and orientation of the vessel it is time to depart for Ribbon Reef No.10. In the afternoon you will have the opportunity for 2 dives at a choice of sites. Including Lighthouse Bommie, Pixie Gardens, Pixie Pinnacle and Challenger Bay.
Friday and Saturday
These two days are spent diving Osprey Reef (weather permitting). With amazing landscapes of sheer walls laced with gorgonians, sea whips and bright yellow soft corals. The dive site North Horn, is at the tip of Osprey. You will find the beautiful Grey Reef Sharks and the Silvertip Shark . 4 to 5 dives are available each day including a night dive on the Friday.
Ribbon Reefs No. 3. You will be diving at sensational Steve’s Bommie, Temple of Doom and Flare Point. If there is good weather conditions you may head south to the choice dive site “Bougainville Reef”. With its abundant marine life and spectacular coral overhands, tunnels and sheer drops and partially submerged shipwreck. During the evening you will cruise overnight back to Cairns.
Arriving back in Cairns at approximately 6.30am. Enjoy a light breakfast onboard and a group photo opportunity. You will be dropped back to your Cairns Accommodation around 8.00am.
This Itinerary is a sample only and sites may vary or change due to weather conditions.
- 4day/4 nights Liveaboard Accommodation
- Air conditioned ensuite cabin with daily service including towels
- The opportunity for up to 15 scuba dives
- A low level reef flight from Cairns to Lizard Island
- Bus transfers to and from Cairns City accommodation
- Wonderful chef prepared meals – Australian Style
- Australian wine and soft drinks with evening meals
- Full Equipment Hire $160.00
- Regulator and Dive computer $45.00
- Dive computer only $35
- Buoyancy Control Device $45.00
- Torch and Cyalume sticks $10.00
- Wetsuits 3mm and 5mm full Length $30.00
- PADI Advanced Course $265.00
- PADI Nitrox Course $295.00
- 4 Day Nitrox Package $105.00
What to bring
Alomost Everything Taken Care Of
- Personal luggage, clothes, toiletries etc
- Maximum 20 kg (45lb)luggage allowance per person including carry-on.
- Excess baggage secure storage available upon request
- Personal Dive Equipment – Also available for hire upon booking if required.
- (Snorkel-only passengers snorkel equipment provided free of charge)
- Certification card or divers logbook
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases, Reef Tax & Fuel Levy to pay onboard (mandatory national park fees)
- Advance Type Diving Diver experience recommendation:
- Advanced Diver Certification. With a minimum of 20 ocean dives. Including 5 dives in the last 12 month. Less experience may result in limited diving due to environmental conditions and remote isolation of dive sites.
- We recommend a Scuba diver Refresher course prior to your trip.
- Diver Health. If you have a medical condition or are currently taking prescription medication, you will need a Dive Medical clearance pursuant to the Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- For further details contact our Reservations team.
* Maximum 20 kg luggage allowance per person including carry-on. Excess baggage secure storage available upon request
* Please inform of any specific dietary or other requirements upon booking.
* Scuba diving is only available to Certified Divers with Open Water level qualification or higher.
Please read the ‘policies’ of your tour below prior to booking, including terms and conditions.