Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Getaway
Dreaming of a private sandy cay in the warm tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef?
Let us get you living your dreams with our Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Getaway.
Your Journey Begins.
Imagine yourself and your loved one flying over the stunning reef. You’ll have a bird’s eye view of this natural wonder of the world. In addition to these picture-postcard views, sightings of manta rays, turtles and other marine life are not uncommon.
Reaching Vlasoff Cay, a pristine sand cay in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, you will have your little piece of paradise. No crowds, you’ll have it all to yourself.
For 2 hours, relax on the pure white sand and enjoy a gourmet picnic hamper and sparkling wine.
Snorkel straight off the cay on the fringing reefs and discover the beauty of the surrounding coral gardens.
Your Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Getaway can be booked for any day with a minimum of 2 passengers, subject to helicopter availability.
With a departure from Cairns General Aviation, courtesy return transfers from your Cairns City, northern beaches and Palm Cove hotel are included.
If you like the idea of a tropical island tour check out these great options Green Island Day Tour and Fitzroy Island Full Day Trip
- Green Island
- Arlington Reef
- Vlasoff Reef
- Middle Cay
- Upolu Reef
Your itinerary depends on what time you choose to fly. We recommend a 7 am departure. Leaving at this time gives us the best chance of the sand cay being unoccupied.
- Accommodation transfer
- Depart general aviation
- 30-minute scenic flight
- 2 hours relaxing on the Sandy Cay
- Return transfer back to your accommodation.
- 30-minute scenic reef flight
- 2 hours on the sand cay
- Gourmet picnic including refreshments
- Snorkelling equipment
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
What to bring
- Swimwear, towel, hat and sunglasses
- Bottle of water
- Sand Cay landing is subject to sand cay availability. Vlasoff Cay is a public sand cay and a very popular spot, especially during the weekends and holiday periods. If there is another helicopter, boat or people on the cay, we cannot land. A landing on the cay is not possible with tides exceeding 2.2m and thus subject to tides on the day. In the event the sand cay is occupied, we fly to an alternative secluded beach nearby.
- This experience is dependent on good weather. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be offered a flight on a different date or a full refund.
- Please advise all passengers weights at the time of booking in the booking message section. If the weight variance is greater than 10% at the time of travel, you may incur a 100% cancellation fee.
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
*If Vlasoff Cay is occupied upon arrival, guests will enjoy a scenic flight to an exclusive beach location. While no refunds apply if the alternative site is required, guests will receive complimentary return ferry tickets to explore Fitzroy Island at their leisure.