2 day Reef and Rainforest
Your two day Reef and Train package includes a full day on Marine World’s outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon and a day in Kuranda the “Village in the Rainforest”.
Your day on the Outer Great Barrier Reef onboard the all-weather Marine World Platform caters for all activity levels.
Whether you wish to Snorkel or a non swimmer and wish to just stay dry there is something for everyone.
Snorkel in the sheltered lagoon, go Scuba Diving or Helmet Diving or just relax and glide through coral gardens and along the edge of the Reef spotting an array colourful Marine Life onboard the Semi submersible or hover over beautiful Coral gardens, giant clams, schools of colourful fish and more on the glass bottom boat tour.
Which every you choose you will have a wonderful day on the Great Barrier Reef.
Your second day you will travelling by the scenic Train and learning about the pioneering history of the tropical north. During the 90 minute journey climbing over 40 small bridges and through many hand made tunnels while winding its way from Cairns to Kuranda.
Whilst Kuranda Scenic Train gives visitors an amazing view of the rainforest at ground level, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway provides an extraordinary birds-eye-view of the rainforest as it soars silently only meters above the rainforest canopy.
You’ll glide just metres above the rainforest canopy before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the rainforest at Skyrail’s two mid-stations where you can enjoy strolling through the rainforest along the boardwalks.
Kuranda is not complete without a visit to Rainforest Station. Set on 100 acres of World Heritage Rainforest this unique tourist attraction.
You will experience the topical rainforest from a totally unique perspective. The Outback Restaurant is styled as a traditional Aussie Outback venue and is where you will enjoy your delicious BBQ Buffet Lunch.
Day 1: Great Barrier Reef – Pontoon
Great Barrier Reef Inclusions
$7.00per person Reef Tax to be paid on board
- 90 minute transfer from Cairns by fast Catamaran
- 5 hours on ‘Marine World’ outer Great Barrier Reef pontoon
- Unlimited snorkelling with all equipment and instruction
- Floatation devices in adult and child sizes
- On board Marine Biology presentation on the way to the Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
- Underwater Observatory with fish feeding and identification
- Glass bottom boat and
- Semi-Submarine Coral viewing tours
- Full hot and cold Buffet lunch with vegetarian options
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Coffee, Tea and Drinking Water available free of charge during the day
- Use of sundeck,
- Fresh water showers and changing rooms
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
- 800 – 830 Check in at the Reef Fleet terminal- 1 Spence Street Cairns
- 900 – Depart Marlin Marina for the 90 minute journey to the Outer Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
- 1030 – Arrive at Marine World Pontoon
- 1530 – Depart Marine World
- 1700 – Arrive back at Cairns Marina
What to Bring
- Sun screen
- Dry change of clothes for trip home
- Extra cash/creditcard (visa or mastercard) for any onboard purchases
- Introductory scuba dive (no experience necessary) Medical Conditions apply
- Certified Scuba Dive
- Helmet Diving – Medical Conditions apply
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tours – Beginners and Advanced levels
- 5, 10 & 30 minute Reef Scenic flights – Helicopter
- Wetsuit/Lycra suite
- Lockers for hire ($2)
- City and Northern Beaches Coach Transfers
- If you are considering partaking in an Introductory Scuba Dive or Helmet Dive please be advised
- Some Medications and Medical Conditionscould PREVENT you from Scuba Diving or Helmet Diving
- Some medications and medical conditions can have adverse affects when scuba diving.
- If you have pre existing or existing Medical Conditions or taking any medication, please contact our office , for further information.
- You will be required to fill out a Medical Declaration when boarding.
Day 2: Kuranda Rainforest Adventure
Kuranda Train and Skyrail Inclusions
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Kuranda Village
- Rainforestation Nature Park
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour
- Koala & Wildlife Park
- BBQ Buffet Lunch
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Return Transfers to and from Cairns City Accommodation
Kuranda Train and Skyrail Itinerary
- 8:30am – Travel Kuranda Scenic Railway. Wind through tunnels and over bridges on this magnificent journey, passing Stoney Creek and Barron Falls.
- 10:30am – Arrive Kuranda Railway Station. On arrival, please make your way straight up to the coach parking area. Your Driver Guide will meet you and direct you to your coach for your transfer to the village.
- 11:45am Meet at the bus stop outside the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to transfer to Rainforestation Nature Park.
- BBQ Lunch. Enjoy a delicious hot buffet and a wide selection of salads, cheeses and fruits.
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard. Travel deep into the rainforest on both land and water as your guide explains different species of flora and fauna.
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience. Watch the Pamagirri Dancers perform in the rainforest amphitheatre, then join the Dreamtime Walk – learn to throw a boomerang and watch spear-throwing and didgeridoo playing.
- Koala & Wildlife Park. Join a guided tour, and see crocodiles, wombats, snakes, dingoes and a cassowary, and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies. You’ll have the opportunity to have your photo taken cuddling a holding a small crocodile (Optional extra)
- 3:45pm Transfer to Kuranda Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Terminal for 4pm boarding. The 7.5km Skyrail journey takes 30 – 40 minutes, however we recommend you spend time at the two stations enroute: Red Peak Station and Barron Falls Station
- 5:15pm Your coach will be at the Caravonica Skyrail Terminal to transfer you to your accommodation.
Overnight Accommodation is not included in this package
Reef, Train and Skyrail
Kuranda Classic – CKB
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter a reservation. A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to make amendments to prepaid tour components; including equipment hire, guided tours or course fees
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 11 years of age
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of
damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the
wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other
expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the '
Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
• Infants 3 and under travel for free if nursed.
• Bus transfers may vary by 10 minutes either way due to traffic conditions. Please wait at your accommodation 10 minutes prior to pick up time
Private: Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
**$7.00AUD per person payable on board for Reef Tax and Levies - Great Barrier Reef national park fee - Please be aware you will pay this directly on-board the vessel when you check-in
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4051 5777. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.
Children's prices for ages 4-11 years. Family price is for 2 adults + 2 children age 4 - 11 years.
No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
No refunds on uncompleted dives.
You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities. Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Queensland Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. For example: heart disease, asthma, epilepsy or diabetes. If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please check with the dive organisation before booking your dive. Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.