The Kuku Yalanji people are the traditional rainforest people of North Queensland. This fantastic Tour is 100% Aboriginal owned and operated. Departing daily at 9:30 am and 1:30 pm from Cooya Beach. This Tour commences at 1 Palm Court Cooya Beach.
The Kuku Yalanji people inhabitant the region from Cooktown in the north to Chillagoe in the West and Port Douglas in the South.
A traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji people is just 15 minutes north of Port Douglas.
To start with, you will meet a Kuku Yalanji Traditional Custodian for a rare insight into the Aboriginal Culture.
Discover how the Walker family continue to maintain their heritage, including their traditional hunting and gathering activities.
After explaining the cultural importance of this country, your guide will then introduce you to traditional spear throwing and fishing.
Hunt & Gather
Next, follow your guide along Cooya Beach through the mangroves and across mudflats observing cultural medicine and food plants.
Join your guides as they continue their daily hunting, including spearfishing and gathering of food for their families.
During this Tour listen to traditional stories about the land, family and heritage and see Kuku Yalaji artifacts.
Afterwards, the guides will prepare the food that has gathered, and you will all sample the delicious catch of the day.
Head north past Port Douglas. You will turn right onto Boonie Doon Road about 8.3kms past Port Douglas Road turn off. Then turn right onto Melaleuca Drive and follow around to Bougainvillea Street to Palm Street.
Your tour meeting point is 1 Palm Street, Cooya Beach
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
No refund Policy for this tour
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 11 years of age
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
Kuku Yalanji Beach Walk and Talk Experience Tours
Indigenous Cultural Beach Walk and Talk AM
Take a morning cultural experience with the Kuku Yalanji traditional custodians, from traditional spear fishing to observing native food plants and cultural medicines.