Vlasoff Cay Heli Tour
How do you get to Vlasoff Cay?
Just imagine it now! You jump onto a Helicopter and take off at the Cairns Marina. Sooner or later you will find yourself climbing high into the air. Here you are treated to 360 degrees view of Cairns. With the mountain ranges behind you, you look out the window to see oceans as far as the eye can see. Seeing as you are so high up, you look down and spot the shadow of your Heli mirror off the ocean, you notice the subtle change in colour of the water, to a shimmering turquoise.
As you are looking down you can also see the boats travelling out to the Great Barrier Reef for the day. They seem so tiny and you wonder what kind of day that large group of tourists will have. But you look up and remember you are on your own private helicopter. Something catches your eye. There sparkling in the distance are the golden sands of a small cay. A little slice of paradise. That’s when you realise that little slice of sandy paradise is there waiting just for you. This is Vlasoff Cay.
Experience the thrill of your helicopter touching down on the sandy cay, in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef. After all, there is nothing that compares to that feeling as you step off the helicopter and dig your toes straight into the warm golden sand. The first thing to remember is that now it’s up to you as to how much or how little you would like to do!
What do you do on Vlassoff Cay?
Travelling with a loved one? Certainly make the most of the romantic vibes and take a little stroll around the cay. Just the two of you on your private cay and the peaceful sound of ocean breezes. Can’t get any more romantic than that! On the other hand, are you travelling with little ones? Break out the beach toys and frolic in the shallow waters surrounding Vlassoff Cay. Are you feeling a little more adventurous? Because the cay is surrounded by reef, there is so much opportunity to go for a little snorkel in any direction! By all means, the choice is yours! You will have 2 hours to explore or relax on Vlasoff Cay.
While you are off exploring or relaxing, your pilot will put together the most delicious gourmet picnic for you under the beach umbrella. Sit back and be pampered, while treating yourself to a scrumptious meal and a glass of sparkling wine. This unique experience is certainly a once in a lifetime experience!
But the day is far from over! After you have explored all there is to Vlasoff Cay, it’s sadly time to return home. Jump on the heli for the return journey, where you will get another Scenic Flight over the reef before it’s time to land back in Cairns.
Vlasoff Cay Heli Tour Highlights
- Private Helicopter Flight
- 40 Minute Scenic Flight (20 Minutes each way)
- 2 hours on Vlasoff Cay
- Snorkelling on Vlasoff Cay
- Fly over the Great Barrier Reef
- Green Island
- Arlington Reef
- Upolu Reef
- Return Hotel Transfers
- Pickup from your hotel
- Transfer to the Helipad at Cairns Marina
- 20 Minute Scenic Heli Flight over the Great Barrier Reef
- Beach landing on Vlasoff Cay
- 2 hours on the Sandy Cay
- 20 Minute Scenic Heli Flight back over the Reef as you return to Cairns.
- Return transfer back to your accommodation.
Included in your Sandy Cay Escape
- 30-minute scenic reef flight
- 2 hours on the sand cay
- Gourmet picnic including refreshments
- Snorkelling equipment
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Return transfers from your Cairns/Northern Beaches accommodation
- In-flight commentary from your expert pilot
What to bring
- Swimwear & Towel
- Sunglasses – Polarised are best so you can see the Reef without all the reflection!
- Bottle of water
- Sunscreen (SPF 50+ is best!)
- Spare change of dry clothes
- Jacket for the cooler months
Because the storage space on the helicopter is limited, please make sure that you pack the above items into a soft-sided bag.
It is important to note
- Vlasoff Cay is a public sand cay. On the rare occasion, we may fly over the cay to find guests who are already on the cay. For this reason, we will not be able to land the helicopter. Instead, guests will then enjoy an extended reef scenic flight including views of Arlington Reef before landing at Green Island for snorkelling and lunch.
- In the event of poor weather where we are unable to fly, you will be offered the chance to reschedule your tour or offered a travel credit.
- Please advise all passenger weights at the time of booking in the booking message section. If the weight variance is greater than 10% at the time of travel, additional fees may apply.
- As this tour includes snorkelling, you will need to complete a snorkel safety questionnaire to share with your pilot. This will be shared with you at the time of booking, and can be completed prior to travel, or on the day.