Would you like a day fishing out on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef? Then join this Coral Sea Fishing tour onboard the MV Norseman. This tour departs daily and allows you to try your hand at landing some of the best fighting and eating fish the Coral Sea has to offer.
THIS TOUR IS CURRENTLY NOT OPERATING DUE TO COVID 19
We are targeting table fish on this day tour. Using either hand lines or rod with overhead Penn reels, and whenever possible, float lines. Of course throughout the day we will encounter such species as Large Mouth Nannygai and Coral Trout. Sometimes though all the excitement and activity in the water brings along other fish such as Giant Trevally, Cobia and Spanish Mackerel
Don’ discount the use of hand lines. Using a hand line allows you to have better reaction time and hook that catch before they take your line into the coral! Professional Live Trout fishermen use hand lines to catch Coral Trout.
You will have about 4.5 hours of fishing time on this full-day tour. You get to keep your own catch and it will be gutted and bagged ready for you to take home. There are a couple of restaurants in Port Douglas that will cook your fish for you for a nominal fee – we can let you know who they are. Any fish caught on the shared rod are shared with all guests.
Of course, if ‘no-take’ species such as Barramundi Cod, Maori Wrasse or Chinaman Fish are caught these will be thrown back. We also always adhere to bag limits and size restrictions.
Want more, or just want to avoid the crowds?
Well, why not arrange a private charter and tailor-make a day to suit your needs. You’ll never get bored with trolling, jig, popper, bottom and live bait fishing all on offer or why not cool your heels at one of the many pristine reefs. Just ask our friendly team and we can help you
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
For All bookings during COVID-19.
If your booking is affected for any reasons during COVID, we will allow you to change your travel date.
If you are unsure when you will travel, your booking will be open dated with NO expiration date.
Cancellation fees are as follows
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more before departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days before departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days before departures
Schedules subject to change without notice
Scuba Diving Insurance
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase a comprehensive Travel Insurance policy that includes trip cancellation insurance and Evacuation & Medical cover for scuba diving.
Please be aware that not all Travel Insurance companies cover scuba diving and in-water activities. Please read the wording of your policy carefully.
Any evacuation, vessel relocation, or medical expenses are the diver's financial responsibility in a Medical Emergency. We strongly recommend the purchase of dive insurance.
Cancellation / Rescheduling Policy
We reserve the right to change vessel, dive locations, and prices without notice.
Please note we must receive at least 48 hours' notice from you when choosing to cancel or reschedule a reservation. Cancellation refunds are not given within 48 hours' notice. This includes factors beyond your control, including medical problems, airline delays, bad weather, etc.
Please refer to the Trade Practices Act 1974. Travel Insurance is highly recommended.
Please contact our office if you require any further information.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 14 years of age
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team